Dixon Z-Drive Transaxle Reassembly
Written By: Jack Hayes
Search for Dixon ZTR Lawn Mower Parts
Dixon Z-Drive Transaxle Overhaul and Adjustment Manual Page 9 of 12 on how to Overhaul and Adjust Dixon Z-Drive Transaxle. We are an Authorized Dixon ZTR mower dealer carrying a large selection of Dixon Parts. If you do not see the Dixon Parts you need, please complete the Lawn Mower Parts Request Form
and we will be happy to assist you.
- - - Difficult
Estimated Time Required
(1) Needle nose pliers or spring hook
(1) 7/32" allen wrench
(1) 9/16" combination wrench
Buy these tools
List of parts needed
Describe the work to be performed
1. Reattach the cradle springs to the cradle.
2. Place the cradle assemblies into the center section.
3. Using a 7/32" allen wrench, screw the pivot bolts far enough into the pivot bolt bushings to hold the cradles in place.
4. Screw each neutral assembly stud into the center section casting until the bottom of the neutral rod assembly is flush with the bottom of the transaxle base plate.
5. Using a 9/16" combination wrench, tighten the lock nut on each neutral assembly.
6. Using needle nose pliers or a spring hook, reattach the cradle springs to the cradle spring holder.
7. Using a 9/16" combination wrench, install the roller plates. Tighten the top and bottom nuts of the roller plates equally until a slight compression of the rubber tension springs is achieved.